This recipe makes two loaves of bread
3 C. Flour 2 C. Pumpkin Puree
2 C. Sugar 1 C. Oil
1 tsp. Salt 4 Eggs, beaten
2 tsp. Baking Soda 1/2 C. Water
1/2 tsp Nutmeg 1 C. Chopped Nuts (pecans or walnuts)
1/2 tsp. Allspice
1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Sift together the flour, sugar, salt, baking soda, nutmeg, allspice, and cinnamon. Set it aside.
3. In a large bowl, mix the pumpkin puree, oil, eggs and water.
4. Combine the flour mixture into the pumping mixture. Mix just until moistened.
5. Fold in the nuts
6. Pour into two greased 9″ x5″ x3″ loaf pans. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until you can see the edges pulling away from the pan. Do not bake in the microwave. Remove from the pan and cool.