Good morning everyone! This post is geared mainly towards my clients but if you would like to read it anyways, feel free 🙂 As some of you who know me know…my mind is always moving. Always trying to develop new ideas and new ways of doing things that make life easier in some ways and harder in others. My Personal Training clients know exactly what I mean by that second part. Sometimes I succeed at this and other times I fail. Some of you might remember that little change in workout plan formats a few months back. HUGE FAIL!
I started this Personal Training business in March of 2011 with the goal of helping as many people as I can achieve their goals. I knew that what I had to offer was beneficial to so many people, it was a matter of getting everything lined up correctly. What started out as an idea over a year ago, is now no longer an idea, but a reality. So many people have decided to make a change in their lives for the better and I am so happy they choose me to help them get to where they want to go. You see, I have been told by more than one person that they were nervous to train with me because I tend to be very intense, I tend to push hard and I don’t accept excuses that well. The truth is, I am all of these things. I take what I do in this business extremely serious. Yes, this is a business, but it is a unique business. One that is very fluid and very dynamic. Changes happen daily and there is not one day that is like another. I might “own” this business but I am far from alone. I consider every single person who has entrusted me with their health as a partner. I accept that I do not do everything right every single day (and I highly doubt that will change)….I am human and that is what I bring to the table. I do have trust though, that when I start to go off track, I have any 1 of over 30 clients who will bring me right back to where I need to be. Many of you have done this already and for that I am appreciative. I want to send out a huge thank-you to all of you for everything YOU give me. 2011 was a great year, but it is just the beginning.
2011 is now history but I want to take a moment and provide some insight into what I am thinking going forward into 2012.
1) Big announcement here…..Completely automate the Fitness Test and the Weigh In. One of the issues and problems that I have is that it takes an incredible amount of time to put together everyone’s progress reports every two weeks. Often times it takes me several days to get everything read, sorted, data entered and then posted. On top of that, I take about 10 minutes per client to review all the data not only from their current fit test and weigh in but from previous ones as well. For the past month or so, I have been working with a guy down here to get the Fit Test process automated so that when you enter in your data, you will have your progress updated immediately. I am hopeful that this automation will be in place very soon.
2) Improve the workout video’s and make them significantly easier to download, watch and follow. One of MY biggest problems is getting all the video’s right for everyone. Most of you have seen the often times “crappy” video’s that end up getting posted. Sometimes, I am just in a rush to get things done and get it out there. I want to make this a better process. Better video’s, better quality and maybe even a better guy doing the video’s…I have the perfect face for radio 🙂
3) Improve my timeliness in communications. I try everyday to respond and communicate with every single client. I need to improve my response time. My goal this year (with certain exceptions) is to respond to everyone within 3 hours of receiving their workout report.
4) Continue to operate this business while keeping the cost to my clients as low as possible. Yes, I increased my prices for 2012. Lots of reasons, and really the price increase was not that much, but the cost of doing business, even an online business increases it seems everyday. I stand by my promise though to every single one of my clients, current clients will continue to pay the rates at which they signed up for…..forever! Current clients will never see a price increase and I intend on keeping it that way.
5) Improve the look, feel and usability of the website. I feel the website can be made better, and I aim to continue to improve this over the upcoming year.
6) Expand the opportunities for more people to make the change. I will more than likely be brining on another trainer this year. No one needs to worry about me, I am not going anywhere and no one will be changing trainers. I have someone in mind who would be a perfect fit for the business. She is a great trainer and a great person with tons of experience and a desire to help people. More details to follow on this later on. Remember though, if you are a current client, I want you to know that you will NOT be changing trainers at all 🙂 Your stuck with me 🙂 New clients would be given the choice though.
These are a few of the things that I want to work on this year. Thank you to everyone for making 2011 a great year.
I want to end with a couple of positives:
Total Weigh Lost in 2011: 131.40 pounds
Total Body Fat Lost in 2011: 68.30%
Those are pounds and fat loss that are never coming back!