Food Temptation’s

We all have them and I am no different than anyone else.  I have few weaknesses when it comes to foods.  Yes I know I talk about control and making choices all the time.  I also thrive off the 80/20 rule.  80% of the time, I eat perfect…the other 20%..well all sensabilty flies out the window.  I have a few weaknesses like I said and I really save them for special occasions….there are just some foods that I allow myself to eat after a special occasion.

Pizza (I don’t recall ever coming across a piece that I didn’t like)

Ice Cream

A really good steak (I don’t eat these all that often but when I do, I go big)

Chipotle!!!  Yes I said Chipotle.  If you have never been to one, you are missing out.  Yesterday, after the race I used my cool little Siri function on my iPhone and found a Chipotle that was about 10 minutes out of the way from the direction I really needed to be headed in.  As it turns out, I wasn’t the only runner who needed a Chipotle fix!  The whole store was crowded to marathon runners.  After running a race that long, there is nothing better than a huge dose of good carbs, good protein and some fiber (I would assume with the vegetables anyways)…I personally am a fan of the steak burrito.  This is a meal for two and 800 or so calories later, I walked out the door completely satisfied.

Thats the thing with food.  It is satisfying.  But we all need to control the when and the how much.  I didn’t feel a shred of guilt about eating it because like I said, I rewarded myself and I felt that after running 26.2 miles, I earned those 800 calories.  Now had I gone out and eaten another one today, well that would have been a huge mistake.  Thankfully there are none where I am at.

But there are pitfalls everywhere.  I believe in the 20% rule….I guess I just ate all my 20% in one meal yesterday 🙂

Advertisements

2 thoughts on “Food Temptation’s”

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s